Hello, my name is Preethi Sutton. Originally from Madurai, Southern India, I moved to England in 1995. After several years teaching drama therapy to children, I continued my passion for therapy through the use of complementary medicine. I set up clinic in Dorking and have built up a successful practice by being able to help my clients with a combination of techniques. The good results naturally led to recommendations and repeat business.
I believe that we all have an inherent ability to heal ourselves. When we get struck with poor health, we focus on the pain and discomfort and depend on medications to heal us, forgetting to tap into our natural healing abilities. When you come to have a treatment with me, I will help you to connect with your body and it’s powerful ability to bring homeostasis to your system.
Please take some time to read the testimonials provided by my clients. If you have any questions at all about any of the therapies, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I am professionally insured and a member of the British Acupuncture Council.
If you would like know more about how I got into Chinese medicine, please read my Blog.
Working within the NHS:
I worked at the Olive Tree Centre, the cancer support centre within Crawley Hospital for two years, providing acupuncture for cancer patients and their relatives, on a voluntary basis. The centre is a harmonious, healing place. Working there has given me not only valuable experience in dealing with difficult, emotional situations, but also an appreciation for how important health is.
In the press :
Read a newspaper interview with a client I was able to help, who was suffering from insomnia:
Education and Training
Acupuncture related qualifications
- Graduated with a First in BSc (Hons) in Acupuncture – ICOM, East Grinstead
- Health Cultivation and Classical Medicine Internship with Dr Suzanne Robidoux – Beijing, China
- Channel Palpation studies with Dr Wang Ju Yi – Beijing, China
- Certificate in Chinese Cupping Therapy – with Ilkay Chirali, UK
- Certificate in Acupunture for Infertility – with Paul Johnson, UK
- Auricular Acupuncture for Musculoskeletal conditions – with Paul Robbins, UK
- Introduction to Kiiko Matsumoto style of Acupuncture – with Andy Harrop, UK
- Advanced Needling Techniques – with Charlie Buck, UK
- Pulse Diagnosis – with Joan Duveen, Holland
- The Nervous System (2 day seminar) – with Kiiko Matsumoto, UK
- East Meets West (a years training) – with Peter van Kerval, UK
- Tung Acupuncture (6 days Beginners Series, 6 days Advanced series) – with Susan Johnson, UK
Massage and Reflexology qualifications
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic Massage
- Certificate in Back Pain Management
- Certificate in Neck and Shoulder Pain Management
- Certificate in Deep Tissue Massage
- Certificate in Trigger Point Therapy
- Certificate in Advanced Medical Massage
- Certificate in Seated Chair Massage
- Certificate in Hot Stone Fusion Massage
- Certificate in Indian Head Massage
- Certificate in Pregnancy Massage
- Baby Massage Instructor Training
- Certificate in The Rossiter System – Certified Coach
- AoR Accredited Diploma in Reflexology
- Certificate in Maternity Reflexology
I started having acupuncture with Preethi as I was suffering with the after effects of bowel cancer and the operations that were performed on me. I also had a number of aches and pains and dizziness that were not connected to the cancer. I had tried a lot of other therapies and although they were all helpful in their own way, with acupuncture I found the best results. I have had 6 treatments now and I can truly say that for the first time in six years when I was first diagnosed, I feel normal. I am confident about going out in public without having to worry about needing the toilet desperately. I have been handing out Preethi’s leaflets to anyone who will take them!
– Jean (80 yrs), Dorking